Amazon is a primary shopping site that is adored by the online shoppers all over the world. Hence, all the commercial companies want to sell their different types of products through this popular site, to reach maximum numbers of online customers. But they should be well aware of the rules regarding Amazon SEO terms that are essential to be followed for increasing the ranking of their products in this renowned shopping site.
Basic points to be considered for enhancing search ranking in Amazon
Selection of relevant keywords – First of all, the traders need to know about the exact keywords that are most relevant for describing their products. Thereby, it is necessary to prepare a list of backend keywords that can be optimized as per the Amazon search terms and the search algorithm of this site. These keywords should describe the product in best way that will feature it on the top of any backend search list in Amazon.
- Correct placement of keywords – Usually, Amazon provides 200 = 250 characters for specifying the keywords from the list of backend search field on this site. Hence, the relevance of the keywords matters the most, though the keyword location does not hold much importance as per the backend search rules of Amazon, for getting better search ranking on this site. There should not be any comma between two keywords, as it is best to make use of the character spaces and care needs to be taken to put only single space between any two words.
- Profitable keywords matching to title – The trader needs to think of an appropriate title of the product description, before starting with the listing of backend keywords, which need to be both sensible and simple in nature, for increasing the ranking of the product in Amazon. The backend keywords should be placed carefully by the trader, for which it is necessary to contain all the usual search terms that may be relevant for the particular category.
- Grammatical usage of keywords – While choosing the keywords for Amazon SEO ranking, it is best to use hyphenated keywords instead of placing two separate words, if it makes better sense as per the content because the hyphenated words are included in all types of searches where those two words are involved. But there is no need to fuss about the correct usage of singular or plural numbers, nor there any problem spotted with the upper or lower casing of the keywords used. As any sort of filler word or stopword is not counted in the search ranking, it is best to leave out all such words while selecting the backend keywords in the product description for Amazon.
- Features of Amazon bullet points – Amazon allows the traders to mention the main characteristics of their products in five bullet points, describing major benefits of using those products. According to the Amazon search terms, it is best to mention the most vital and beneficial point at the top of the list, to make the backend search to be more effective, followed by the lesser important features. But utmost care should be taken to include all the profitable keywords within these five points in a sensible manner, to make the listing more conversion friendly in Amazon. The trader is allowed to make use of 100 characters foe writing these five bullets, where the main feature should be highlighted in each bullet.
- The inclusion of keywords in rest of description – Though most of the buyers read only the bullets before buying a product, some people like to gather full information before purchasing. Hence, the trader should include all the relevant backend keywords in the brief product description, including the ones that may be considered as lesser important according to Amazon search terms. All the relevant keywords regarding the product should be provided here, as per the usual keyword browsing rules in Amazon.
- Insertion of optimum images – The images of the products should visibly complement the used keywords so that the buyers can be ascertained about the authenticity of the provided information. This technique has been proved to be really effective for raising Amazon SEO Product ranking for the best benefits of the trader.
- Things to avoid in Amazon – The content should not contain any spelling mistake, mainly regarding the backend keywords. The content of product description should not be written in flowery language; instead brief and to the point, descriptions are more appreciated for increasing the backend search ranking in Amazon. But utmost care should be taken not to include any kind of offensive or abusive terms anywhere in the content.
The backend SEO ranking in Amazon is further improved by the repeated visits of the interested buyers in that web page of product description, as well as the multiple online purchases by the highly intrigued customers, leading to more benefits of the trader. So Amazon keeps a tab over the successful conversion rates for each product enlisted in this site.